Headphone glitches happen occasionally, so don’t freak out if your few-months old cans malfunction. You may experience dropped signals, frequent disconnects, or connection failures.
When this happens, the first remedy is to reset your headphones to the factory default setting. This operation clears all pairing information on the headphones while fixing any underlying software issues.
Follow the tips below to learn how to reset your Bluetooth headphone and get your device working correctly again.
How to reset Bluetooth headphones – General reset instructions
Although various headphone brands may have their peculiar reset instruction, there is a general reset procedure for Bluetooth headphones. Try the following steps to see if it solves your headphone problem.
- Press and hold the power button on your headphone for a few seconds.
- Wait until the device’ LED indicator flashes, probably red or blue.
- That’s all! Your headphone reset process is completed. Re-pair the device to see if the problem is fixed.
If the above method doesn’t reset your headphone, use the brand-specific reset option. We have covered multiple brands below.
How to reset your Bluetooth headphone – Brand-specific
How to reset AirPods
- First, return the AirPods to their charging case and close the lid. Wait for about 30 seconds, then open the lid again.
- Open the Bluetooth setting on your mobile device and tap the ‘i’ button next to your AirPods.
- Select ‘Forget This Device’ and confirm the setting.
- Now, open the lid of your Airpods case, and hold down the setup button on the back of the device for 15 seconds.
- Once the status light flashes amber and white, your AirPods’ reset is done.
How to reset Audio Technica headphones
To reset this device, do the following:
- Connect the headphones to a power source.
- Remo the charging cable from the headphones, then insert it again.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone or tablet, and locate your Audio Technica headphone.
- Select “Unpair” to complete the reset process.
How to reset JBL Bluetooth headphones
If you use a JBL headphone, follow this procedure to reset it.
- Turn off your JBL Bluetooth headphone.
- Press and hold the volume up and down buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds.
- Release the buttons when you hear a sound, indicating that your headphones have been reset.
How to reset Anker headphones
- Plug the headphones into the charger.
- Hold power and volume up (+) buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
- When the LED indicator flashes red and blue, you’ll know your headphones have been reset.
If you use Anker earbuds, place the listening sets in its charging case (if it has one), then follow the rest process.
For models with multifunctional touchpads, press and hold the surface for at least 5 seconds to reset the device.
How to reset Sony Bluetooth headphones
- Turn off your Sony Bluetooth headphone.
- Press and hold the play/pause and power button for four seconds.
- Release both buttons when the blue LED indicator begins to flash.
How to reset Jabra Bluetooth headphones
- Make sure your Bluetooth headphones are turned on.
- Press and hold the volume down and answer/end call buttons simultaneously for five seconds.
- The battery and Bluetooth icons should flash five times, indicating that your Jabra headphones have been reset. Release both buttons.
- Now, turn the headset off and back on again.
How to reset Beats headphones
- Disconnect all cables from your Beats device.
- Long press the power button for 10 seconds.
- Wait until the LED light blinks, indicating that the headphones have been reset.
If you use an advanced Beats model such as the Beats Solo Pro, long press the mode and volume down buttons.
How to reset Bose Bluetooth headphones
- First, ensure there are no cables connected to your Bose headphone.
- Plug the charger into a wall socket or connect one end of the USB cable to a working computer.
- Press and hold the power button. While you’re at this, connect the other end of the USB cable to your headphones.
- Wait until the blue LED light begins to blink.
- Release the power button. Your reset is all done.
How to reset Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones
- Insert both earbuds into their charging case.
- Wait 10 seconds, then take them out of the case. Turn them on again.
- Using the Sennheiser USB cable, connect the case to a power source.
- Put the earbuds back in their case, then press and hold the two control panels for 6 seconds.
- The earbuds are now reset to the factory default settings.
How to reset Panasonic Bluetooth headphones
- Press and hold the right touch sensor for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the LED light to flash blue and the headphones to turn off.
How to reset Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones
- Delete your Skullcandy headphones from your list of paired devices on your laptop or smartphone.
- Press and hold the volume up and down buttons simultaneously.
- Wait for the LED indicator lights to flash yellow; this tells you the headphones have been reset.
- Once the two LED indicators flash yellow, your headphones have been reset. You can then release the buttons.
How to reset Taotronics Bluetooth headphones
- Unpair your Taotronics headphone from your mobile device. Place the set back in its box.
- Swiftly tap each earcup 3 times, then wait for the white LED lights to flash.
- Remove the headphones from the box and hold the touch control on both earcups for 5 seconds.
- The LED indicator will flash red and blue, confirming that the headphones have been reset.
If you find two Taotronics headphones in your phone’s Bluetooth setting, you haven’t successfully paired both earcups. Put the headphones back into the box and repeat the reset; ensure you press the control buttons simultaneously.
How to reset Samsung Galaxy Buds Bluetooth headphones
- First, ensure your Galaxy buds are fully charged, then put them in their charging case.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable App on your mobile phone.
- Scroll down to About Earbuds, and select the Reset option.
How to reset Mpow Bluetooth headphones
- Turn off your head device and put it in its box.
- Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.
- Release the button when you see the red and white light blink alternatively.
How to reset LG Bluetooth headphones
- Long press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Your LG Bluetooth headphones will turn off once they are reset.
How to reset Marshall Bluetooth headphones
- Put the earbuds in their charging case.
- Hold the pairing button for about 10 seconds until the LED indicator flashes three times. This action will reset the headphone.
If the problem persists, you may need to perform a factory reset on your earbuds. To do this, tap and hold the pairing button until the lights flash ten times.
Sometimes, resetting your Bluetooth headphone is all you need to do to get them working properly again. If this method fails, consider updating your device’s firmware.